Announcement: KDE-KickerApplet to Nagios

Gebhardt Thomas gebhardt at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Fri Jan 14 16:20:28 CET 2005

Hi Gerd,

> For me and a few other guys it works, so I guess the configuration of
> your cgi-bin path is not right. Please click on the green area with the
> 3 mouse button (in the middle). Than you should see the page (without
> &embedded=1) my applet checks.So please have a look at it. Also please
> keep in mind that the applet does not alert acknowledged or soft alerts
> by default. You can switch on soft and acknowledged alerts over the
> configuration.
>
> If there are further questions or problems do not hesitate to mail me.

Thanks for your help!

Here is what I get:

When I unlocked the screensaver of my workstation, the ktlight area was
green, changing immediately to grey (=background color, does that mean:
state=UNKNOWN?).  Clicking with the middle mouse botton on that
area gives me a browser window with the URL
https://nagiosadmin@<my-server>/nagios/cgi-bin/status.cgi?host=all&type=detail&servicestatustypes=20&serviceprops=42
(I configured the nagios cgi-bin to "https://<my-server>/nagios/cgi-bin/")
That page shows me the network, host, and the service status; one
of the services is in critical state.  The ktlight tooltip says "everything is
in order" , however.

I'm pretty shure that the nagiosadmin password is ok.

Thanks for any hint, Thomas