2.0b1 Missing Files

frank ratty at they.org
Wed Jan 12 20:19:22 CET 2005

I'm new here too and have been having similar problems. The solution I
came across this morning was the CVS tarball.
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/download/cvs/nagios-cvs.tar.gz

With a little bit of editing I was able to get the RPM to build with the
included .spec file. On an "ancient" RH7.3 system even, tho I did need to
upgrade things like autoconf/automake/gd...

First untar the ball and edit nagios.spec: (change "contrib" to "config")
271c271
<  cp sample-contrib/httpd.conf ${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}/etc/httpd/conf.d/nagios.conf
---
>  cp sample-config/httpd.conf ${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}/etc/httpd/conf.d/nagios.conf

Next, rename the base directory from "nagios-cvs" to "nagios-2.0b1".

Finally, re-tar your renamed directory. I named my new source file
nagios-2.0b1.tar.gz.

On an RPM based system you now should be able to run:
# rpm -ta path/to/new-tarball.gz

If all goes as planned you will have 3 RPMs and 1 SRPM at the end.

Hope this helps.
-frank