NRPE Plugin timed out after 10 seconds

Joe Giles jgiles at joeman1.com
Wed Jan 12 21:43:39 CET 2005

Ok, I'm kind of new to this NRPE thing and I don't understand something.

I have it all set up on a remote host and I have a number of plug ins
working and reporting OK on my end. However, just for testing, I stop my
pop server (check_pop), it comes back as critical, and the pop and the
host turn red and I get my e-mails/pages and its working great. However,
when I start the pop service back up, the POP services changes back to
OK, but the host still shows down and this info Plug in timed out after
10 seconds.

This happens while all the other services are ok. The only way to get it
to show good again is to stop and restart the Nagios daemon on the host
server. Then, its ok.

How can I fix this. Its quite annoying. Also, the e-mails I get are
generic stating that the host is down and doesn't tell me that the pop
server is down.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks

Joe