Doubt in nagios

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Jan 3 16:44:42 CET 2005

There's no standard plugin to do it but it should be pretty
straightforward to write. In pseudo-code --

   Check number of current connections
   Store value in database
   Compare to previous value
   Exit OK if within acceptable parameters
   Exit ERROR if outside acceptable parameters
   Exit ERROR or UNKNOWN if unreachable or unexpected output received.

There are of course special circumstances for the first check but that's
a pretty rough outline of what you need to do. This also presumes that
you can check the number of connections from a unix command line in some
way.

http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html

--
Marc