Doubt in nagios

Jlnarayanan00 at aol.com Jlnarayanan00 at aol.com
Mon Jan 3 10:29:08 CET 2005

Hi ,

    Our requirement is such that we would like to monitor a
dial-up-connection trend in an ISP scenario.For example, we would like to monitor the number of
connections for the last 10 minutes(say) and if there was a 20% drop in the
number of clients connected then a alert should be raised. Is this type of
trend monitoring is possible using nagios?. For this we need to collect data for
some amount of time and store in data base and again fetch these values to
check for the alert condition. If so how should be our plugins?.
Can anyone help me out in this?.

Regards,
Jaya