check_hpjd plugin in Plugins 1.4

Edward MacGillivray mac at biviumcorp.com
Fri Feb 18 18:46:43 CET 2005

Sorry to be replying to my own message, but I've did some more research into
the differences between the three versions (1.4alpha2, 1.4, and the new test
version).  I've found that the command_line variables are being filled in the
following ways:

1.4alpha2:
sprintf (command_line, "%s -m : -v 1 -c %s %s %s", PATH_TO_SNMPGET, community,

1.4
sprintf (command_line, "%s -OQa -m : -v 1 -c %s %s %s", PATH_TO_SNMPGET,
community,

new-test
sprintf (command_line, "%s -Oqa -m : -v 1 -c %s %s %s", PATH_TO_SNMPGET,
community,

Then I looked again at snmpget (or actually snmpcmd) and was not able to find
the option -Oa.  I also don't see the option -OQ, which is in the newest one
that I can compile.  I changed the 1.4 version that I have to -Ovq (the
options that Andreas asked about), and after compiling with this mods the
plugin doesn't have the error output from snmpget.  However the plugin only
prints a '0' and the exit value of the plugin is 3, so I don't know that this
"worked".

So I then took the -O snmpget options out completely and recompiled.  After
doing this the plugin puts 'Printer ok - ("")' on stdout and has an exit
value of 0, which is what happens with the 1.4alpha2 version.

Anyway, I hope this helps.
mac

--
Edward MacGillivray