check_hpjd plugin in Plugins 1.4

Edward MacGillivray mac at biviumcorp.com
Fri Feb 18 18:14:40 CET 2005

On Friday 18 February 2005 3:56 am, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> (sorry for posting again, I'm trying to patch this issue and just need
> some verification).
>
> Does your snmpget support the -Ovq output option?

Yes, thanks for the information, the snmpget has both -Oq and -Ov, I believe
they'd work together as you have them.  The snmpget that the server has is
ucdsnmp-4.2.6-152.

I also saw the "check_hpjd hack" email thread, and I went through to test it.
However it didn't compile for me.  I renamed the old check_hpjd.c file to
check_hpjd-dist.c and then put the new check_hpjd.c file in the plugins
folder.  Then I deleted the check_hpjd file and the check_hpjd.o file, and
finally ran make (I'd previously done ./configure and didn't think that'd be
needed again).  The make command reported:

check_hpjd.c: In function `main':
check_hpjd.c:211: error: `errors' undeclared (first use in this function)
check_hpjd.c:211: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
check_hpjd.c:211: error: for each function it appears in.)

This is the block in which line 211 is.

210     /* obviously no read errors, so check the printer status results... */
211     if (!errors) {
212             result = STATE_OK;
213             printf (_("Printer ok - (%s)\n"), display_message);
214     }

Is this supposed to be the errorflag that is declared and used above the if
construct on line 211?

thanks
mac