check_disk

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Feb 17 23:38:16 CET 2005

Nagios
> gets the same thing:
>
> thumper:/usr/local/nagios/libexec% ./check_disk -w 90 -c 85 -p
/dev/sda8
> DISK OK [513560 kB (26%) free on /dev/sda8]
>
> thumper:/usr/local/nagios/libexec% ./check_disk -w 10 -c 5 -p
/dev/sda8
> DISK OK [513560 kB (26%) free on /dev/sda8]

Looks like it's working as you've asked it to. In all cases there are
more than 90, 85, 10 and 5 kilobytes of free disk space. Did you mean to
use 90%, 85%, 10% and 5%?

check_disk --help snippet --

-w, --warning=INTEGER
   Exit with WARNING status if less than INTEGER kilobytes of disk are
free
 -w, --warning=PERCENT%
   Exit with WARNING status if more than PERCENT of disk space is free
 -c, --critical=INTEGER
   Exit with CRITICAL status if less than INTEGER kilobytes of disk are
free
 -c, --critical=PERCENT%
   Exit with CRITCAL status if more than PERCENT of disk space is free

--
Marc