check_icmp/check_ping trigger values

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Feb 17 23:30:44 CET 2005

frank wrote:

> Is this behavior documented anywhere other than in the source code?

Nopes. I'm still working out the "FreeBSD-server-in-weird-network"
kinks, so I haven't gotten round to writing a README yet. It's also
highly untested, although the theory is sound.

> I've been grepping thru my copy of nagios-cvs and nagios-plugins-1.4 (which
> also contain their respective docs) and the only reference I've come
> across is:
>
> plugins/check_icmp.c:   else if(!strcmp(progname, "check_host")) {
>
> This would seem to be a very important configuration setting. Maybe I
> just missed it.

Probably not. I don't know if I've mentioned it before. Feel free to
give it a try though, and please report back with how it works. A nice
opportunity for anyone to be an alpha-feature tester.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer