check_icmp/check_ping trigger values

Bergström Sebastian Sebastian.Bergstroem at kunskapsskolan.se
Thu Feb 17 22:16:55 CET 2005

Seems like I've missunderstood something very vital. The difference between service checks and host checks. I honestly don't get it.
So far I haven't separated the two but I realise that I should but I'm still not sure how or why.

When should I use check_host and when should I use check_icmp?

If someone could explain this to me in a simple way I will be most grateful.

//Sebastian