Upgrading from Nagios 1.3 to 2.0 (or newer)

Anders Christensen ac at itpartner.nu
Thu Feb 17 15:18:02 CET 2005

What do I need to consider before upgradering my Nagios server ?

Can I use my previous configuration files (services.cfg, host.cfg etc
etc)

Or is it better to install Nagios 2.0 (2.0b2) on a different server, and
thereby creating af new installation, and then importing the
configuration files.

can anyone tell me the difference between the configuration files ? All
i can find about this, is that i should be easier to administre, but I
can see the major difference.

Am currently monitoringer around 500 checks, running on somewhere around
100 servers.

Is there a new nsclient, or is it still using the nsclient from
http://nsclient.ready2run.nl/