Error: Could not insert/update status record for program in table

Lewis Shobbrook lshobbrook at fasttrack.net.au
Fri Feb 4 01:52:49 CET 2005

Hi Folkert,

> Sent: Thursday, 3 February 2005 21:59
> To: Lewis Shobbrook
> Subject: Error: Could not insert/update status record for
> program in table

> Hi,
>
> Have you found a solution for the:
> Error: Could not insert/update status record for program in
> table 'programstatus' of database 'nagios' error?

The solution was to update mysql-server to the latest release (for
debian unstable at least).  I believe it had something to do with an
issue concerning the unixtime sql attribute that had changed with a
recent mysql-server update (not nagios-mysql at all); an issue that has
now apparently been rectified.  I also had to update apache-ssl as I
found after fixing the previous problem I also had an auth issue and was
not prompted to logon to nagios and therefor unable to view status. The
order in which apache loads the modules is important, I've noted on a
couple of updates of late that auth gets broken and returning to the
module.conf load order of ...
LoadModule apache_ssl_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libssl.so
LoadModule auth_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_auth_ssl.so
... fixes the issue.
libssl.so needs to be loaded prior to mod_auth_ssl.so or mod_auth_ssl.so
fails. I'm not sure why this has happened with the debian updates
lately?
All well now!  Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Lewis Shobbrook