How to configure and run NRPE?

Yolanda Santos iamyolanda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 10:47:18 CET 2005

Hi,

I have installed Nagios in a Linux Red Hat and i'm trying to check
memory and CPU  using NRPE and NRPE_NT.
I have installed the 'Nagios Remote Plugin Executor for NT/W2K'
service in a host with XP, and in the nagios server the check_nrpe
command.
I follow the help to check this parameters but I don't get the value,
only this message:

./check_nrpe -H (XP's IP)10.170.17.38 -c check_disk

Message:

NRPE_NT failed to create process, exitig....

Am i launching the command incorrectly?

The nrpe.cfg file is in /sr/local/nagios/etc and the command configuration:

command [check_disk]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 20 -c 10

Is something wrong in the command definition?

Is there another way to get this information of remote hosts?
(NSClient??, SNMP??...)

Thanks