Nagios install on gentoo

Jonathan Nichols jnichols at pbp.net
Sat Feb 5 03:11:39 CET 2005

Nolan, Greg wrote:

> Jonathon,
>
> Thanks, although I removed mysql from the USE in /etc/make.conf, it
> still compiled it with mysql.  I suppose it has to be explicitly told
> not to.  Thanks for the help, I am rebuilding the packages now.

No problem... package.use is a new Portage feature that will solve that,
tho.

I have the following in /etc/portage/package.use

net-analyzer/nagios -mysql -postgres
net-analyzer/nagios-core -mysql -postgres

Something is probably telling Nagios to drag MySQL into the mix with it..

clutter sudo # emerge -pv --tree nagios-core

These are the packages that I would merge, in reverse order:

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] net-analyzer/nagios-core-1.2-r2  -apache2 -debug -mysql
-noweb +perl -postgres 1,587 kB

Total size of downloads: 1,587 kB
clutter sudo #

the "emerge -pv --tree" flags might shed some more light on it. I forgot
exactly how to tell what dependency is bringing MySQL to the party. :)

But going forward, package.use should resolve that..