Notification on recovery

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Tue Dec 27 20:18:05 CET 2005

Host problem notifications supercede any service problem notifications for
the associated host.

Host checking is to verify connectivity.  If you can't connect to a host,
neither can you connect to it's services.  If you can't PING a host (due to
firewalling) but can reach its services, then you need to configure a
different host-check method.