Increase check_tcp timeout value?

Sxan sxanrr at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 17:38:32 CET 2005

  Hey All,

  Hope everyone had / is having a good holiday season. Just wanted to see  if there was a way to increase the timeout value for the check_tcp  command, to increase it from 10 seconds to a higher value? I have a  server that sometimes just takes a slight bit longer to respond when  it's running one specific process for about an hour, so I'm getting  hammered with socket timeout notifications during that time. So instead  of setting this host to be in scheduled downtime for that hour or so  every day, I'd like to just increase the socket timeout value on the  command. Thanks in advance for any help :)

  ~Jim