Not all information goes into status.log???

Richard.Luys at vanderlet.nl Richard.Luys at vanderlet.nl
Tue Dec 27 14:47:32 CET 2005

We have a strange issue here with the status.log file. Our setup is as
follows:
OS		: SLES 9 64-bit
Nagios	: version 1.2 (we compiled it ourselves, it's not the version
that comes with SuSE)

We monitor different networks, and therefore we have created
subdirectories for the configuration files. These directories are
included with the 'cfg_dir=' directives in the nagios.cfg file. We have
the following:
cfg_dir=/usr/local/nagios/etc/net1
cfg_dir=/usr/local/nagios/etc/net2
cfg_dir=/usr/local/nagios/etc/net3
cfg_dir=/usr/local/nagios/etc/net4

And this works fine. The nagios.log file contains information about all
the services that are checked, regardless of the subdir where the
configuration resides. The status.log on the other hand shows only
information from one of these config-dir's, no other information is
stored there! We know the checks run fine the GUI (and status.log also)
tells us that much.

As far as I know there is no way to configure specific settings for
status.log.

Anybody any clues?

Regards,
Richard Luys