possible bug: escalations don't work if state changes

Jeff Williams jeffwilliams05 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 18:21:20 CET 2005

On 12/12/05, srunschke at abit.de <srunschke at abit.de> wrote:
> nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 12.12.2005 16:22:34:
>
> > I am using Nagios 2.0b6, but also experienced this issue in 2.0b4.
> > Nagios escalations do not seem to work when the state changes after a
> > maximum notifications level has been reached. For example, if a
>
> You are mislead. Your escalations are only defined up to
> notification 5, at notification 6 they end and Nagios reverts
> to the base definition of the service.
>
> > define hostescalation{
> >         host_name                    test-server
> >         first_notification            5
> >         last_notification             5
> >         notification_interval         0
> >         contact_groups                oncall,backup
> > }
> >
> > define serviceescalation{
> >         host_name                     test-server
> >         service_description           /MYSQL
> >         first_notification            5
> >         last_notification             5
> >         notification_interval         0
> >         contact_groups                oncall,backup
> > }
> >
> > Please let me know if I need to include more information. Thanks in
> advance.
>
> Changing last_notification to 0 in those cases should
> produce your desired effect if I did understand you
> correctly.

So I would need to have last_notification be 0 and
notification_interval be 0? Or just last_notification? Is there a
better way for me to do the service escalation so I do not have 3
separate entries? I do know that you can have similar services from
multiple hosts in the same service escalation, but I am just wondering
if I can compress the configs a little more. Thanks for the quick
response.

Jeff