Hurray for Nagios!!!

Rysstad, Tor Arne tor-arne.rysstad at skatteetaten.no
Mon Dec 12 18:18:11 CET 2005

Hi !

I'd just like to say Hi to everybody.. I have been a read-only member of
this list for a while, but I'd really like to show my gratitude to all
the developers of Nagios, the Nagios plugins and to everybody that
answers questions on this list!!

I am running Nagios on a computer that I put together from parts picked
out of the waste bin... Pentium III, 497.89 MHz (System Bogomips
983.04), running Fedora 2.
I monitor 61 hosts, 536 services on it... On the same machine I run
Cacti, IPPlan and a very low volume Mambo CMS site...

This works beautifully!! Here is my uptime:
18:00:19 up 140 days, 3 min,  2 users,  load average: 1.92, 1.87, 2.12

Nagios has been a great assistance for me every day, first of all making
troubleshooting simpler and quicker, but it also makes it simple for my
users to simply check Nagios to see that everything is up and working.
Sweet! :-)

Thanks a lot, guys!!!!

Regards from Oslo, Norway
Tor Arne Rysstad