Antwort: possible bug: escalations don't work if state changes

srunschke at abit.de srunschke at abit.de
Mon Dec 12 17:01:05 CET 2005

nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 12.12.2005 16:22:34:

> I am using Nagios 2.0b6, but also experienced this issue in 2.0b4.
> Nagios escalations do not seem to work when the state changes after a
> maximum notifications level has been reached. For example, if a

You are mislead. Your escalations are only defined up to
notification 5, at notification 6 they end and Nagios reverts
to the base definition of the service.

> define hostescalation{
>         host_name                    test-server
>         first_notification            5
>         last_notification             5
>         notification_interval         0
>         contact_groups                oncall,backup
> }
>
> define serviceescalation{
>         host_name                     test-server
>         service_description           /MYSQL
>         first_notification            5
>         last_notification             5
>         notification_interval         0
>         contact_groups                oncall,backup
> }
>
> Please let me know if I need to include more information. Thanks in
advance.

Changing last_notification to 0 in those cases should
produce your desired effect if I did understand you
correctly.

regards
        sash

Sascha Runschke