Trying to limit number of service notifications

Jeff Williams jeffwilliams05 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 19:15:06 CET 2005

I had a similar question a while back and was told that this can be
accomplished by specifying a notification_interval of 0 for your last
desired notification. Prior to being told that, I thought that
specifying last_notification would be enough, but it was not. In your
case something like this would probably work:

define serviceescalation{
        host_name                       *
        service_description             *
        first_notification              3