Check remote MS service status

Moshe Sharon moshesharon at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 22:05:53 CEST 2005

Hello

we have a production enviroment with over 100 windows server (NT --> 2003).
and we are monitoring it in 2 ways. one standard NRPE NT client. which is very
similiar to NRPE on *nix system. there several plugins for windows. and one of
them doing exactly what you need. the second solutions in enviroment we couldnt
install NRPE. we are using the excellent contribution of Groundwork agentless
WMI Plugins this solutions also can provide your needs.

NSClient is pretty old. and NC_Net is based on .NET and its a little memory
consuming then the NRPE itself. also there is NSClient++ which is still in beta
and we are not sure what is the status of it (Stability, bugs etc..).

Hope it shade some light on NT Issue.

Moshe Sharon