Plugin output a clickable http link / feature request

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Aug 29 21:42:32 CEST 2005

[libexec]$ ./urlize --help
urlize (nagios-plugins 1.3.0-alpha1) 1.1.1.1
The nagios plugins come with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You may
redistribute
copies of the plugins under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.
Copyright (c) 2000 Karl DeBisschop (kdebiss at alum.mit.edu)

This plugin wraps the text output of another command (plugin) in HTML
<A> tags, thus displaying the plugin output in as a clickable link in
the Nagios status screen.  The return status is the same as the invoked
plugin.

Usage:
 urlize <url> <plugin> <arg1> ... <argN>
------------------

My example usage --

# 'check_ping' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_ping
        command_line    $USER1$/urlize
"http://my.host.net/cgi/tools.cgi?ip=$HOSTADDRESS$&host=$HOSTALIAS$&serv
ice=PING" $USER1$/check_fping $HOSTADDRESS$ -n 10 -w500.0 30 -c1000.0 60
        }

--
Marc