check_nt configuration

Lori Adams ladams at cloudmark.com
Thu Aug 25 20:30:26 CEST 2005

Did you follow everything that was mentioned in the Bobby Bradshaw
thread?
Do you have nsclient (Nagios Agent) running on your remote machine?

-Lori

USEDDISKSPACE
> -l $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$
> }
>

> # 'check_nt_upload' command definition
> define command {
>  command_name    check_nt_cpuload
>  command_line    $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v CPULOAD
-l
> $ARG1$
> }
>

> # 'check_nt_uptime' command definition
> define command {
>  command_name    check_nt_uptime
>  command_line    $USER1$/check_nt #-H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v UPTIME
> }

I see that you have the above line with a comment.  This will make it
hard to run correctly.  Also have you tried -p 1250 as suggested in the
Bobby Bradshaw thread.

> # 'check_nt_clientversion' command definition
> define command {
>  command_name    check_nt_clientversion
>  command_line    $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v
> CLIENTVERSION
> }
>

> # 'check_nt_process' command definition
> define command {
>  command_name    check_nt_process
>  command_line    $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v
PROCSTATE -l
> $ARG1$
> }
>

> # 'check_nt_service' command definition
> define command{
>  command_name check_nt_service
>  command_line $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v
SERVICESTATE -d
> SHOWALL -l $ARG1$
> }
>

> # 'check_nt_memuse' command definition
> define command{
>  command_name check_nt_memuse
>  command_line $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v MEMUSE -w
> $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$
> }
>

> # 'check_nt_fileage' command definition
> define command{
>  command_name check_nt_fileage
>  command_line $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v FILEAGE -l
> $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$
> }
>

> # 'check_nt_pagingfile' command definition
> define command{
>  command_name check_nt_pagingfile
>  command_line $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v COUNTER -l
> "\\Paging <file://Paging/>  File(_Total)\\%% Usage","Paging File usage
is
> %.2f %%" -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$
> }
>

> QUOTE from Bobby Bradshaw who had the same problem as I currently have
:

> "From: nagios-users-admin at li... on
> > behalf
> > > of

> ping
> > and
> > > get
> without
> of
> > the
> > > Windows
> > > Nsclient?
> get
> > > the

> > > --
> > > Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op...
> > > OP5 AB                             http://www.op5.se
> <http://www.op5.se/>
> > > Lead Developer

> > > September 19-22, 2005 * San Francisco, CA * Development Lifecycle
> > Practices
> > > Agile & Plan-Driven Development * Managing Projects & Teams *
Testing