Performance information not processing or being returned

Dale Offret Jr. maquaro at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 25 17:32:39 CEST 2005

I have a FreeBSD 5.4 system with Nagios 2.0b3.  It is not giving me
performace data when a command is called through the Nagios system.

If I manually run the command I see the 2 performance data items listed
(loss, rta):

root at nagios /usr/local/libexec/nagios #./check_fping -H www.yahoo.com -w
200,50% -c 150,10% -n 5
FPING OK - www.yahoo.com (loss=0%, rta=51.000000 ms)|loss=0%;50;10;0;100
rta=0.051000s;0.200000;0.150000;0.000000

When I run the same command in Nagios, the following happens:

1) I can see the performance data results when I look at the service
detailed informatinon web page.

2) None of the performance data is wrote to the performance data file.

I have service performance data processing set to 1 and have a
processing command define as:

define command{
	command_name	process-service-perfdata
	command_line	/bin/echo -e "$LASTSERVICECHECK$\t$HOSTNAME$\t$SERVICEDESC$\t$SERVICESTATE$\t$SERVICEATTEMPT$\t$SERVICESTATETYPE$\t$SERVICEEXECUTIONTIME$\t$SERVICELATENCY$\t$SERVICEOUTPUT$\t$SERVICEPERFDATA$" >> /usr/local/nagios/var/service-perfdata.dat
	}

(This is the example specified in the 2.0b3 documentation on the system
in the Performance Data page)

Now I don't know if I need to change how the macros are arranged in the
process-service-perfdata command ($VALUENAME$).

I did see that the value ordering in the command is different from what
the plugin performance data guidelines are at
http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html#AEN142 . Am
I to assume that I need to change the perfdata command values to the
correct order of the plugin guidelines or am I just going at this all wrong?

Thanks,

Dale Offret Jr.
maquaro at yahoo.com