passive host checking

Bill Stevenson monitoring_with_nagios at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 25 03:28:11 CEST 2005

Okay here it goes: I have a handful of windows servers
that would like to have collect data on themselves and
send back to a Nagios server. These, of course, would
be passive host checks.

I have nrpe_nt installed and it can collect data. I
have send_nsca on the windows boxes and it can
establish a connection with the Nagios server. But how
can I get the results of the nrpe_nt checks to the
Nagios server? Doing some like this
"c:\cpuload_nrpe_nt.exe 70 90 | send_nsca -H
12.34.56.78 -c send_nsca.cfg" cause the program to
hang.

My one real burning question, is how can I configure
the Nagios server to accept the data that the Windows
boxes sent to it via send_nsca? What command in
checkcommands.cfg would I use to look for incoming
data from the windows servers, this incoming data is
going to come from one single IP address as these
hosts are behind a firewall and sending check results
across the Internet to the Nagios server.

Thanks,
Bill