Two contacts using the same HTTP auth?

Paul L. Allen pla at softflare.com
Tue Aug 23 00:41:13 CEST 2005

Marc Powell writes:

> Yup, this is how I'd do it. An alternate method would be to add their
> blackberry address to their contact e-mail (comma separated) and have
> your notification script chop off everything after the comma if it's not
> their test host.

Because of the flexibility of Nagios there are probably many ways of
skinning this particular cat.  That was the first one that popped into
my head (but I'm late into leisure time again so my head is fairly
vacuous right now and sucking in anything around).

> Either way a little bit of scripting is going to be necessary.

Not with his original idea, if I remember it correctly (correct me if
I'm wrong, but it involved using an obsidian knife to sacrifice virgins
on the top of a Technotlican pyramid, but maybe I'm confusing it with
something else).

In the end it boils down to whether it's going to be easier to do the
complex fiddle you know how to do or the simpler fiddle you don't know
how to do.  And since the simpler fiddle you don't know how to do involves
a learning curve of unknown duration, maybe it's best to stick with what
you know.  So pass me the virgins...

--
Paul Allen
Softflare Support