check_nt - COUNTER

EXT-Fuentes, James P James.P.Fuentes at boeing.com
Fri Aug 19 18:47:27 CEST 2005

> What Windows client are you connecting check_nt to?  NC_Net or NS_Client
> becauses it may be a problem with the client and not check_nt

I'm using NSClient: NSClient++-0.2.4a.zip is the bundle I downloaded.

> NOTE: most applications will return a 0 for %processor time, because
> it is an value for the instant it is checked.  The majority of %
> processor time whould ussually be  on the agent that is doing the
> check and on System Idle.  so double check via WMI or  performance
> counter that the %processor time should be something other than 0.  IT
> may be better to check something under System like threads or
> processes.

I've tried checking what you mentioned as well as some other things. I even tried
checking on different systems which actually gave me some output so now I'm thinking
there may be a problem with the particular system I really need to check. I'll have to
investigate some more.

> however the syntex of your command should be:
> Example: check_nt -H hostname -p 12489 -v COUNTER -l
> "\\Process(hmi)\\% Processor Time"," <file://\\Process(hmi)\\%
> Processor Time> "

Apparently, this %$%@& web mail client we're forced to use here put that crap in
my message. I love how microsoft is always trying to help me out. I did NOT put that
"<file:blah blah" BS in there. I opted not to use a description after the counter I want to
check just to keep it simple for now. I HATE THIS FRIGGIN' MAIL CLIENT!

If anybody has some examples of there own command line sytax for NSClient I'd be appreciative
to see them. Although, as I mentioned above, there may be a problem with the system running
the client.

Thanks,
-Jim