check_nt - COUNTER

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 13:27:19 CEST 2005

What Windows client are you connecting check_nt to?  NC_Net or NS_Client
becauses it may be a problem with the client and not check_nt

NOTE: most applications will return a 0 for %processor time, because
it is an value for the instant it is checked.  The majority of %
processor time whould ussually be  on the agent that is doing the
check and on System Idle.  so double check via WMI or  performance
counter that the %processor time should be something other than 0.  IT
may be better to check something under System like threads or
processes.

NC_Net's newest version also allows for a ^ delimiter instead of all
the \\ and ( )
thus if you were using NC_Net v2.28 or latter the you can use
-l "^Process^hmi^Processor Time"
naturally it still accepts the standard format as well provided it
does not start with ^

however the syntex of your command should be:
Example: check_nt -H hostname -p 12489 -v COUNTER -l
"\\Process(hmi)\\% Processor Time"," <file://\\Process(hmi)\\%
Processor Time> "

there should be a comma delimiter between the performance counter and
the File section of your command because  <file://\\Process(hmi)\\%
Processor Time> is not part of the performance counter. The label
after the actual performance counter is an optional parameter.

Hope this helps,

Tony