Nagios 2.0b1 serviceextinfo notes_url ignored

mike feldman thawn at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 06:47:08 CEST 2005

I figured I am missing something small here...

I am using nagios 2.0b4
on freebsd,

I have nagiosgraph almost working,
(I can reach it directly by typing the url in my
browser),
or by though the service link icon, and then the extra
notes icon.

I believe it should go though the service link
directly.

I tried to figure out
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=11200898
and it seems like it is along the correct track for
me,

but...
when I added:
printf("<A
HREF='%s'>",temp_serviceextinfo->notes_url);
and removed
printf("<A
HREF="%s?type=%d&host=%s",EXTINFO_CGI,DISPLAY_SERVICE_INFO,url_encode(temp_service->host_name));

printf("&service=%s">",url_encode(temp_service->description));

The page links in the correct place, but it does not
processing the macros...
the link shows $HOSTNAME$ for the hostname, and
$SERVICEDESC$ for the service (as in my
seerviceextinfo.cfg file).  It does not change
$HOSTNAME$ to the name of the machine.

when I instead use " instead of '  (inserting)
printf("<A
HREF="%s">",temp_serviceextinfo->notes_url);
I get the following error with the make all

make all
gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-DNSCGI -L/usr/local/lib -o status.cgi status.c
getcgi.o cgiutils.o cgiauth.o  objects-cgi.o
xobjects-cgi.o statusdata-cgi.o xstatusdata-cgi.o
comments-cgi.o xcomments-cgi.o
status.c: In function `show_service_detail':
status.c:1667: error: `s' undeclared (first use in
this function)
status.c:1667: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
status.c:1667: error: for each function it appears
in.)
status.c:1667: error: syntax error before string
constant
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/nagios/nagios-2.0b4/cgi.

any idea would be great!

thanks so much.
-mike