[SPAM (HDCHCK)] - RE: Nagios 'could not connect' to MySQL database - Email found in subject

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Aug 16 21:17:31 CEST 2005

Richard.Luys at vanderlet.nl wrote:

> [...]

Nagios may be statically linked to older libraries, or you may have old
dynamic libraries still installed. You can run

	ldd nagios

to see which libraries it's linked against, and then

	rpm -qf <libmysqlclient-something.so>

(if any) and see which package it belongs to. If libmysqlclient doesn't
show up, you can try

	nm nagios | grep -i mysql

If you get any output at all from that you've got it statically linked
in, and the version can be any ranomd thing.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer