[SPAM (HDCHCK)] - RE: Nagios 'could not connect' to MySQL database - Email found in subject

Richard.Luys at vanderlet.nl Richard.Luys at vanderlet.nl
Tue Aug 16 16:47:40 CEST 2005

That's ok. I only scanned it twice for your comments ;-)

> Sounds like you're using a mysql4.1 db with mysql <4.1 client
> libs. If that's the case, either upgrade the client end to
> 4.1, or set password = old_password('blah') on the server.
That's indeed what I understood from reading the Mysql-site information
I found. Strange thing is that AFAIK the Mysql-server and -client were
installed from the same package?!?!?!?

Also weird is the fact that when I use a command-line like: mysql
--user=nagios --password=??? --host=localhost --database=nagios, the
connection is made, and I have all the necessary privileges for Nagios
to function.

So, I do not have it working yet, but I found something concrete to work
with :-)

As I said in my post to Werner, I will post my findings and how I got
things working.

> HTH
Thanks for your suggestions!