Internet Detection

Miles Scruggs rt at garnetweb.com
Tue Aug 16 16:26:12 CEST 2005

> Instead, you can use the check_icmp plugin in check_host mode and give
> it several hostnames to well-known sites, like so;
>
> ln -s check_icmp check_host
> time ./check_host www.google.com www.dell.com www.nasa.gov
> www.whitehouse.gov OK - www.google.com responds to ICMP. Packet 1, rtt
> 48.630ms
> |pkt=1;0;0;0;5 rta=48.630;2000.000;2000.000;;
>
> real    0m0.170s
> user    0m0.000s
> sys     0m0.000s

This is fine, but it returns critical if even one of the hosts is down.
Pretty much pointless for using multiple hosts for internet detection.  I
want it to return critical only if all hosts are down/unresponsive/slow.
How would I do this?

Also I'm not sure what the point of using the time command is either.

Thanks

Miles