Status display errors

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Aug 12 23:18:11 CEST 2005

Since you haven't yet received a response...

This is clearly not normal. The status/color is determined exclusively
by the exit code of the plugin, not the human readable output. It seems
that that code isn't being correctly sent, either by the plugin you're
running on the remote host or by check_by_ssh (which should just pass on
the plugin's exit code). I would try repeatedly running the check
command from your nagios machine exactly as it's defined as the nagios
user to see if there is some intermittent error condition. After each
run, check the exit code with 'echo $?' to see if it matches the
expected exit code for the check. If all looks good there, try the same
thing on the remote host.

http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html#AEN75

--
Marc