check_by_ssh banner bug?

Aaron Carr aaronhcarr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 19:36:04 CEST 2005

I've searched the archives, and I found that someone asked on
2004-09-17 and again on 2004-09-23 if there is a fix for check_by_ssh
not working if there is a banner set.

I didn't however see any answer whatsoever.

So I'd like to know if anyone knows any workarounds to
removing/disabling the sshd banner (since company policy will not
allow me to do so).  I tried multiple variations of clearing the
screen, then piping to the check command, but when I tried those, the
plugin would ust timeout.  The only way I got them to work was when I
moved /etc/issue to some alternate filename.

Aaron