servicedependencies and all services being dependent on PING

Joe.Hoot at itec.suny.edu Joe.Hoot at itec.suny.edu
Mon Aug 8 16:34:43 CEST 2005

I'm trying to do the following:

define servicedependency{
       host_name                       admoraprod
       service_description             PING
       dependent_host_name             admoraprod
       dependent_service_description   *
       execution_failure_criteria      n
       notification_failure_criteria   w,u,c
       }

This complains about a loop being created by this, wheras PING is now
dependent on PING.

Well, basically what I want is to say that if the host goes down(can't be
pinged) then don't report on any other services.  Does anyone know a good
way to do this?  Previously I was creating a servicedependency definition
for every server for every host.  This was becoming a lot of work to do.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Joe

SUNY - ITEC