Checking of multicasts

Mascardo, Erwin Erwin.Mascardo at intelsat.com
Thu Aug 4 14:25:26 CEST 2005

To take some good advice in a far different context, wrap that rascal.

Put check_host/check_icmp in a Perl wrapper (it would take some hairy
shell code to interpret the output the way you want to) which breaks
apart the output and looks for "lost 100%" for every host. If that is
true, then return CRITICAL...otherwise, return OK.

--Erwin

Intelsat is a global communications provider offering flexible and
secure services to customers in over 220 countries and territories.
Intelsat has maintained a leadership position for over 40 years by
distributing video, voice, and data for television and content providers,
government and military entities, major corporations, telecommunications carriers,
and Internet service providers. Intelsat's reach, power and expanding solutions
portfolio deliver information reliably and quickly to every corner of the globe.

For more information, visit www.intelsat.com.

This email message is for the sole use of the intended
information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original message.  Any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them
to be the views of Intelsat, Ltd. and its subsidiaries.