nrpe_nt versus nsclient versus nsclient++

Scott Sugar ssugar at proserveit.com
Tue Aug 2 22:01:32 CEST 2005

Hi Lori,

I have only used nrpe_nt as of yet, and it has worked very well for me on any windows server I have run it on.
I have installed it on real old NT servers, 2K servers, and 2k3 servers (just ensure that you have the latest version of nrpe_nt as nrpe_nt will crash on 2k3 if you have an older version).  It is also very handy that you do not have to restart the server to get nrpe_nt working unless you already have a previous version of nrpe_nt installed.
Just setup the config file, run nrpe_nt.exe -i, go into the services and start the nagios remote plugin executor service.

Unfortunately I cant really tell you about the other clients, but hopefully someone else will.

Scott