Nagios daemon (release 2.0b3) not catching signals as I would exp ect

Mike Meredith mike.meredith at port.ac.uk
Tue Aug 2 16:42:53 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 15:02:34 +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
> the links in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d ... at least I haven't been. It's better to
> use the native method with mksrc, chsrc, and lssrc.

It would help if I gave the right commands : mkssys, chssys, and lssrc

My own Nagios service was created with :-

mkssys -s Lnagios \
    -p /opt/nagios/bin/nagios \
    -u nagios \
    -a "/opt/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg"
    -f 9 (force quit signal)
    -n 15 (stop signal)
    -Q (only allow one instance)
    -R (restart if it stops abnormally)
    -S (communication is done with signals)

It's started by adding "startsrc -s Lnagios" to the end of /etc/rc.tcpip

--
Mike Meredith, Senior Informatics Officer
University of Portsmouth: Hostmaster, Postmaster and Security