DHCP client configuration

"Clément Varaldi (ML)" clementvaraldi.ml at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 14:52:56 CEST 2005

Hi,

despite this message
(https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=2673276) I found
on the archive, no "solution" were found.

I have on the server that's running nagios a DHCP server (debian package
dhcpd), and some clients I'd like to monitore. Is there a way to define
a client by its MAC address (for example) or to get infos from the
/var/log/syslog that contains all dhcp logs, to change the configuration
of my nagios using this information?

Another problem is linked to this: some people use both windows and
Linux and doesn't have the same Mac address, which leads to the fact
that they won't get the same IP (if you don't change your mac address,
dhcpd makes you choose, if available, the IP you had before).

I could use the /var/lib/dhcp/dhcpd.leases to get IPs and hostnames, but
can't change the configuration of nagios automatically, can I?

Last question:
Can I define a host with two ip addresses? (and how could I do that?)

--
Clément Varaldi
co-admin of http://fr.gentoo-wiki.com