Nagios-DB Project - some questions

Hendrik Baecker b00mer at gmx.net
Thu Apr 28 08:25:46 CEST 2005

Hi,

Ben said in the last posts from "Web Interface performance issues"
that his nagios-db project catches his 8500 Services on 2500 hosts.

Perhaps we have only half of this count but has splitted them to three
differen nagios instances, yes - I have to build nagios three times in
different directories.

This I have done to decrease the service check latency that I have if
I would put them all together. Withing 20 minutes we had latency like
120seconds and more.

At the moment I have a development server to test the Nagios 2.02b and
as I heard about the db projekt I would ask about the performance and
the configuration of the nagios service checks.

We would have most of the services been checked every 5 minutes, max
attempt to 4, retry interval to 15 seconds and host checks enabled
after service check returns a non-OK state.

Our bosses uses the Webinterface to get statistics like availibility
reports and so on.

Is it all possible with the nagios-db project?
What service configuration do you have?
Is your latency ok? (< 15 seconds)

I hope I got some time today to read more about the db project, sorry
to all for asking before reading.

Yours sincerly
Hendrik