have to kill/stop nagios 2x to kill it- part II

jeff vier boinger at tradingtechnologies.com
Wed Apr 6 15:28:03 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 08:19 -0500, Dave Hall wrote:
> In our testing we have tried to stop nagios several times and left it
> over 5 minutes and it is still present when a ps –ef is run.

as Andreas said in another reply, you can write the logic to send a kill
signal.

I, myself, after a minute or so of hang-time will just kill -9 the
parent nagios process and be done with it.  So far: no harm, no foul
(that I can tell, anyway).

> So far we have dealt with the init script  - what about the web
> interface – it also does not work.

I never use the web interface - bitten too many times in v1.0 and v1.1
with spawning dupe nagios processes, so now it's habit that it never
gets used.  Maybe it's still unpredictable (as you're saying), maybe
it's great...I wouldn't know :)