Configuring Nagios

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Fri Sep 17 21:59:13 CEST 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 02:53:22PM -0500, Jason Payne - iland Internet Solutions wrote:
> Unfortunately, most of us don't have access to a decent web
> based configuration editor without having to sacrifice
> functionality.  If you happen to find someone who has put one
> together that doesn't hinder nagios' functionality that won't
> cost me an arm and a leg, please point me in the right
> direction.  Until then, vim it is.
One problem I haven't seen handled well in the config GUI's is
allowing multiple users to make config changes and yet prohibit
one users's changes from breaking the overall system (such as
reference a nonexistant checkcommand, or renaming a host w/o
changing all the affected hostgroups/services).

I patched NaWui to preflight the configuration, but if two
people are making changes, just one persons mistake can prevent
anyone from deploying changes.

-Jason Martin
--
Prune: A plum that has seen better days.
This message is PGP/MIME signed.