PIX HA check via SNMP?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Sep 16 01:55:36 CEST 2004

----Original Message----
From: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of
Radcliffe, Jerome (ISS Southfield) Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004
4:01 PM To: Nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net Subject: [Nagios-users]
PIX HA check via SNMP?

> Hello,
>
> I am working on writing a check for PIX that determines if the box is
> in primary status.  The OID I found on mib-depot.org shows it as
> being .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.147.1.2.1.1.1.3.  That doesn't seem to work
> though as both primary and secondary return the same value.  Anyone
> have any luck in checking this via SNMP?

I don't personally know much about the PIX's but we're using 2 535's
here and the admin for them created the following check --

define command{
        command_name    check_pix_failover
        command_line    $USER1$/check_snmp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -o
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.147.1.2.1.1.1.3.6 -s 9 -C $USER3$ -l 'Failover State'
        }

It may or may not be what you're looking for but it's close to what you
were trying to check so maybe it'll at least get you further along.

--
Marc