PIX HA check via SNMP?

Jan.Scholten Jan.Scholten at iconz.net
Thu Sep 16 00:13:02 CEST 2004

Hi,

What Kind of Pix are you monitoring? I have a PIX501 and it has no
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.147.1.2.1.1.1.3 :-) At least when i do a snmpwalk -v 1 -c
public  myPIX
I monitor only the internal and external Ports IF-MIB::ifOperStatus.1
IF-MIB::ifOperStatus.2 and thats all (there is not much more to monitor..)

Greets
Jan
> Hello,
>
> I am working on writing a check for PIX that determines if the box is in
> primary status.  The OID I found on mib-depot.org shows it as being
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.147.1.2.1.1.1.3.  That doesn't seem to work though as
> both primary and secondary return the same value.  Anyone have any luck
> in checking this via SNMP?
>
> Thanks,
> Jay
>
> Jerome Radcliffe, CISSP