Service/Host Alert Missing

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Wed Sep 8 19:25:23 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 02:29, Ben Moir wrote:
> Hi Nagios Users,
>
> Has anyone seen Nagios record a Critical Alert but not record an OK
> Alert even after the service has recovered?
>
> Due to the missing OK alert the reporting shows a service as down 100%.
>
> Our company is running Nagios 1.2 on Debian linux. We would like to use
> more of the reporting features in Nagios but the reports are full of
> inconsistencies. The inconsistencies trace back to missing OK alerts.

I'm assuming from your description that if you go to the nagios web
interface, it still reports the host as down, even though you can ping
it yourself.

Do you know that the services are still being checked?  Go to the
detailed service info for one of those services on the web interface and
check when the last service check was.