Service/Host Alert Missing

Ben Moir ben at abuzz.com.au
Fri Sep 10 04:31:24 CEST 2004

Hi Sean,

> > Has anyone seen Nagios record a Critical Alert but not record an OK
> > Alert even after the service has recovered?
> >
> > Due to the missing OK alert the reporting shows a service as down
100%.

> > Our company is running Nagios 1.2 on Debian linux. We would like to
use
> > more of the reporting features in Nagios but the reports are full of
> > inconsistencies. The inconsistencies trace back to missing OK
alerts.

> I'm assuming from your description that if you go to the nagios web
> interface, it still reports the host as down, even though you can ping
> it yourself.

Actually No, the web page reports that the host is up. I can't
understand how the host can be reported up by the webpage without
recording a Service/Host Recovery in the logs.

> Do you know that the services are still being checked?  Go to the
> detailed service info for one of those services on the web interface
and
> check when the last service check was.

The last service check was within the last 15 minutes as I would expect.
It is a very confusing problem. I was considering downloading 2.x from
CVS. It seems like a bit of overkill.

Regards Ben