Problem Updating through MySQL

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Sep 6 22:56:33 CEST 2004

Nagios does not log historical data to the database, just current
status. It was simply a design decision by Ethan. In fact, all database
support is being removed from the core operation of the program in the
future, depending instead on the development of event handlers to
implement DB support. I don't know if mysql supports it but with pgsql
we use a trigger to copy the data to a retention table on UPDATE. The
CGI's don't reference this, of course, but we use it for our own scripts
(after it's copied to SQLServer.

> I have read about PerfParse... does this do the trick?

I don't know. I've never used it.

--
Marc