No notifications for passive service-checks

Johan Henæs johan at henes.no
Mon Sep 6 16:48:54 CEST 2004

Hi !

I have configured my system to receive SNMP-traps from my network-equipment. Everything seem ok, Except for nagios not notifying me via mail. When enabling "active checks" on the service i receive emails, but only for the active check, not the passive.

My service config is :
define service{
        host_name                       *
        service_description             TRAP
        is_volatile                     1
        check_period                    24x7
        contact_groups                  linux-admins
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        active_checks_enabled           0
        max_check_attempts              1
        normal_check_interval           100000000
        retry_check_interval            1
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        notifications_enabled           1
        check_command                   check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
}

Nagios.log says :

[1094480336] EXTERNAL COMMAND: PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT;10.0.48.40;TRAP;WARNING;10.0.48.5 login/logout with 3

And in the webinterface the Trap shows up ok, but the Service state info says "Last service notification : N/A".....

I am out of ideas for what can be wrong..

Any suggestions appreciated !

Best regards,

Johan