check_traffic not working

Carlos Medina carlosandres_23 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 19:41:07 CEST 2004

Hi all, im trying to check the traffic of some of my network routers. For this im using the check_traffic plug-in. I have 2 routers, one of them is a CISCO the other one is a LINKSYS. All what i added to the configuration of each one is the community group that i leave as same as on the nagios check traffic configuration file. I have SNMP installed on the nagios machine.

I run the make-config (nagios check_traffic configuration file) script to detect the network interfaces, for CISCO detects 3 interfaces, ETHERNET0. SERIAL0 and SERIAL1. For LINKSYS doesnt detect any interface.

When i check the service on the nagios WEB Site, the service for both routers is OK but it doesnt show any statistics, appears the following:

OKTotal RX Bytes: 0.00 MB, Total TX Bytes: 0.00 MB
Average Traffic: 0.00 B/s (0.0%) in, 0.00 B/s (0.0%) out
I dont know if maybe i have something wrong on the check_traffic configuration file, or maybe i have to configure an additional parameter in the routers. I dont know either how can i do to display the graphics.

Any help would be useful.

Thanks a lot.

Carlos Andres Medina